Look, the majority of us are on a budget and Christmas is an expensive time of the year and that is what makes Black Friday a blessing and a curse.
Watching the pennies and finding a product that seems like a good like a good deal, with the added pressure of stock and the promotions life span, can make you do crazy things – trust me I know.
The Rules to a Successful Black Friday blog post is just to share a few tips as to how not to fall into the vortex of Black Friday.
* Remember these are affiliate links, they will not cost you a penny to use but I may receive a small amount that will go towards the cost of blogging.
When is Black Friday?
Black Friday is on Friday 25 November 2022
Here are the Rules to a Successful Black Friday
2. Save time by making a note of the colours, sizes etc of gifts beforehand
3. Check out my Christmas Shopping Directory for ideas.
4. Check product price history at Pricerunner (Try Camel Camel Camel for Amazon products). – A survey by Which in 2020 showed that 85% of products in the previous Black Friday ‘sales’ were actually the same price or less in the six months before.
5. Sign up to your desired websites before the Black Friday event, it’ll save time and you may be lucky enough to receive a New Customer discount.
6. Read the Price – Sounds obvious but shoppers often base their purchase during Black Friday on the Saving and not the Price.
7. Create a Wishlist – If they don’t have a Wishlist feature, make a list of the product links. This will save you from having to scroll through websites and risking items selling out.
8. Don’t use your credit card (if you must go for 0% purchase deals) and fuck ‘buy now pay later’ offers.
9. Be an early bird – Brands have already started their Black Friday promotions so check them out.
10. Use CashBack sites where possible.
11. Don’t forget there is always Cyber Monday – Don’t panic (buy), Cyber Monday is also a thing.